Superbowl – Feb 7, 2010

We watched the Superbowl at my place. Jay and I decided to make a Bacon Explosion on my BBQ, in honour of the spirit of the day. This was memorable as it was the first time we decided to smoke anything on my BBQ. After preparing all the necessary equipment and wood chip0s, we got it going. At first, there were several complaints between Jay and I about the lack of smoke. This would quickly become the inverse of the much more serious problem, which was too much smoke. So much so, in fact, that our upstairs neighbours thought the building was on fire, and were yelling at us to see if everything is alright. We had the football game so loud that we couldn’t hear them, until they started banging on the door. Hayley was not impressed. Fortunately, she didn’t see what happened next.

At this time, I went to check the temp of the grill, which, beneath billowing clouds of smoke, had skyrocketed well beyond the upper limit of the thermometer. This was one hot BBQ grill. I immediately lifted the lid, to see 4 foot flames coming from the “smoker pack” of woodchips. Oops. I quickly turned the propane off, and turn off the gas lines, and leave the lid up. Fortunately, at this point, the bacon explosion was sufficiently cooked, so we let the woodchips cool while we ate the bacon explosion. It was worth it.

    • Hayley
    • March 11th, 2010

    You idiot. You’re lucky you didn’t blow yourselves and our apartment up. I’m not just as angry as I was when I had to deal with our complaining neighbours.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: